Monday, June 30, 2014

GUAC News: 6/30/14

wally's Upset at Your Outrage Against Pedophiles

Fresh off that whole boys will be boys attitude about statutory rape, wally is wading back into the subject of pedophilia.


In a topic titled, "NC Lawmaker: Pedophilia is a sexual orientation like homosexuality," something I'm not touching with a 10 foot pole, wally has popped up again and has decided someone just went way too far criticizing someone who likes the kiddies.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/261-politics/69534220
  
"I don't care HOW liberal and tolerant our society gets.. I will NEVER tolerate pedophiles, and I don't care if it is innate to that person and not any more of a choice than homosexuality is. People don't want to consider homosexuality a mental problem (or a problem at all really), but I will always consider pedophilia to be a mental problem; one that is likely 100% irredeemable. And just because they never act on it does NOT mean we should accept and tolerate them in our society."

Holy crap dude. Even Big Brother from 1984 would tell you that you're a little extreme here.

"100 percent irredeemable" is something I'd disagree with. But more extreme than Big Brother for not tolerating pedophiles? Maybe wally should try this line out on victims and their families, and see where it gets him. There's a lot of posts in the sea...why he felt compelled to call this one out as extremist is anyone's guess.

Rumors of Plagiarism Strike Back

Two separate comments have informed me that there could still be users getting hit for illegal activities after quoting too long from a source they cited. Absent evidence, I'm going to do something strange and trust the two mods who said this is over with. I've got a big red X on my back but haven't had a problem doing it so far. But if this has happened to you recently, send it in to here and appeal that nonsense. k?

Board Outreach

Efforts to reach out to all gamefaqs are taking place slowly but surely. Expansion is our goal here. Some people have told me, hey TaiIs, improve the blog. Make it relevant to my interests. Go big or go home. Well, I can't do it without your help. Politics is my area of expertise, and politics it will remain unless there is more outreach. So with that I've been keeping tabs on a few more boards and keeping an eye out for issues. You can say oh this is just a conservative thing. Not true! I welcome input from liberals if they have a mod story to tell. There's going to be some entries on the things I've gathered from outreach, and if you have something you'd like to see send me a message! I aim to please.

No comments:

Post a Comment