Monday, June 16, 2014

Friends of GUAC: GoemonFan471986

Send your messages in to TaiIs82!

The following is a guest article and does not reflect the personal views of TaiIs82, but has a pretty kickin' message regardless. -Editor





Re: Gamefaqs Users Against Censorship

I still think there's basically a 0% chance of this causing any changes at GameFAQs but it is nice to see someone point out that the emperor has no clothes. I've had problems with the moderating staff since before I even found 261, when it was apparent that several of the gaming boards were ruined by trolling that the mods refused to do anything about.

Meanwhile, on Politics trolling appears to be defined as anything that upsets the liberal majority on 261. I don't have the details because most of my modded messages have disappeared into the ether, but one thing I've noticed is that any time I post about how Obama's policies have effected me, that post is modded. Yet, oddly enough, people can quote those posts without getting modded.



It certainly doesn't help that the visible moderator presence on 261 is wally who, aside from having obvious vendettas against certain users, adds nothing of value to the board since most of his posts are trolling in the form of stupid one liners or image macros.

Of course, as bad as wally's posts where he just replies with something like "XD" or where he makes sweeping generalizations about parts of the country he's never been to are, they're nothing compared to when he brings his daughter up.

In the thread you pointed out where he defends statutory rape, note that in one post he specifically does so by heavily implying that he'd blame his daughter for a hypothetical scenario in which she is taken advantage of by an older man. In an earlier thread, he posted about a scenario in which his wife had an affair and he discovers at age 16 that he is not the biological father of his daughter and doesn't want to pay to help support her. When I called him out on his shockingly cold posting about his own daughter he of course ignored the real issue and replied as though my issue was his views on the child support system and not his habit of making borderline sociopathic remarks about his own daughter. That's where he crosses the line from bad poster/mod to bad person.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/261-politics/67429962

The fallout from Message #19 in this thread is probably the most ridiculous example I can come up with of how the mods operate here. My defense of George W. Bush was considered such egregious trolling that not only was it deleted but my status was set to warned over it. Meanwhile, none of the liberals who quoted the post for the sole purpose of mocking me were [not] modded in any way.

And seriously, how is that trolling? Strong worded, sure. But I doubt a similar defense of Obama would be modded.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you have a blog outside of the site, so now I can tell you what I really think of you without fear of censorship.

    You are a sad, pathetic moron, and either you've spent the better part of a decade trolling an internet message board(which is pathetic), or you actually believe the drivel that spews from your mouth(which is even MORE pathetic). You are a laughingstock on the boards, and I wish you nothing but more moderations until you are eventually banned, at which point you will either seek the help you so desperately need, or you will finally snap and pull an Elliot Rodger.

    I'd wish cancer upon you, but that would be an insult to cancer.

    ReplyDelete